My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Didn't expect that!

So lately I've been getting really discouraged about our current church situation... In fact I was even planning on starting to go church hunting again. We would continue going to the Saturday eve services, and I would go to different churches by myself on Sunday mornings until I found something to try as a family.

There are multiple reasons for this which I will not get into, but the hardest thing for me in this decision was how clearly God led us to attend Heritage. I know that's where he led us! Yet... I'm having such a hard time...

I almost didn't go tonight. I had a headache and sore throat anyway (allergies! HATE 'em!), so figured I'd just go to bed early or something. Chris insisted I go, reminding me that the times that we least desire to go to church God is most likely going to do something amazing.

He was right!

It was a very good service. The worship band did songs that I know and love, the sermon was fantastic, and we did communion! In fact, of all the services we've been there, this was probably the most Spirit-led, in my opinion. However, I was still sulky.

Without going into everything, let's just say I am having a really hard time not being involved in each and every aspect of ministry, especially music... and I miss having friends and fellowship! I feel swallowed up in a big church. It's lonely!

Anyway, long story short, before we left we got to spend some time chatting with a very nice couple from the church. (We sit near them in the services and had already exchanged names. They have been the only people outside of a couple of the elders who recognize us and say hi on a weekly basis.) I left tonight feeling much better about going there. I really didn't expect to find a reason to stay tonight, but I did! lol

Friends will come! It takes time! :)

God knew what he was doing in leading us there, so I need to just get over all my issues and see what he wants to do.

Plan #1: start going to adult volleyball night on Friday's (just me... Chris isn't into sports, and I need peeps more than he does!)
Plan #2: find a kid friendly small group

We'll see where it leads...

(This wasn't up to my usual blogging standards, but I'm exhausted, Meagan is screeching for attention and I feel rushed! That's life! lol)

No comments: