My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My motivation for becoming a Christian Counselor:

As I said in my introduction, my purpose statement is to use my effervescence and people skills through writing, music, and personal relationships to counsel those who are in bondage and to lead them into the freedom of worshiping God in utter abandon. My motivation, simply stated, is the glory of God! God gets the glory for each and every transformed life. He is the only one who turns mourning into dancing (Psalms 30:11) and when an individual experiences his miraculous healing power they will cry out, like David, “To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever” (Psalm 30:12). Not only will God get the glory from the people whose lives are affected by my ministry, but he will get the glory from me, too! He receives the most glory from my life when I am fully surrendered to Him, doing exactly what he designed me to do. I know that counseling is a part of his purpose for me--and that in itself would be enough for me to embark on this educational journey—but knowing that Jesus is more fully reflected through my life when I do the things he created me to do incites me to continue on! And, having been freed from the bondage of this world myself, how can I not offer my life back to him? I am also one of the ones who sings praise and cannot be silent!

No comments: