My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Monday, August 25, 2008

Not MIA... Just BUSY!

This has been a very full month, as the month of August usually is. I've been running around way more than I'm used to. I really need to get set up for mobile blogger!

The biggest most fantastic thing that happened this month was our baptism service on Sunday the 17th proved that God truly does exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or think! We had prayed for 20 to get baptized, and as of Sunday morning we only knew of 6 or 7. We baptized after church at my Aunt Sandy's swimming pool, and ended up with 26! WOW! They just kept coming! And mind you this are people who have been saved within the last 6 months all the way up to that very Sunday morning! There were very few dry eyes that afternoon. God is good. People are not only getting saved, but they are growing in the Lord!

As for something that has personally touched me, it would have to be when my Uncle Tim asked me to make the unleavened bread for communion this past Sunday. Wow. What a privilege. I got to be a part of a tradition that goes all the way back to that first Passover in Egypt when Moses and the children of Israel huddled behind the bloodstained door posts. Not only did I remember Christ as I took the bread and the cup, but I remembered him as I mixed the bread and baked the bread. It was an amazing experience. To think that something so simple as flour and water symbolizes the Saviour... for thousands of years woman mixed, rolled out, baked and handed to the head of the household this simple fare, barely realizing the significance. Yes, they were spared in Egypt. Yes, the sin was swept from their homes. But there was so much more to be found in that bread. A sinless one would come. One who would take away our sins. One who would be broken and save us all from the death angel for more than one evening. He would save us for eternity.

No comments: