My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Why am I taking Life Coaching classes at Liberty this semester?

As I have mentioned here before, my passion is music. I write music, sing, play keyboard, etc. Of course, I blog and write books (none published yet! I have big dreams... :) But all with a focus on taking people out of bondage and bringing people into living the abundant life God created them to live so that they are free to worship God in utter abandon!

I have discovered that I do not want to counsel people so much as help them to find out what exactly God has made them to be.

Not many years ago I was ready to quit living because I didn't think that I had a 'purpose' for existing. God has showed me differently and I hope to bring this message to others!

Know what's crazy? When I decided to discontinue Christian counseling classes at Liberty, I said that I wished they offered Life Coaching. I thought that would fit me better. The next day I had an e-mail saying they would be offering life coaching classes for the first time this spring. Sounded like God to me! So I enrolled, of course! Who knows what God will do!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am thinking about taking those, too.

SacrificeofPraise said...

:) Well, I'll let you now how I like the classes! First one starts next Monday!

SacrificeofPraise said...

Loving this class! :) There are things here and there throughout the lectures that I disagree with as far as how to approach coaching. I have more of a grace perspective and many of these coaches have more of a (for lack of a better term) legalistic viewpoint mixed in with their grace. I think pure grace wins every time! But coaching itself... WAHOO!