My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dream Giver

I just finished part 1 of the Dream Giver. Wow! It's amazing. It was hard not to cry through the whole thing. I'm still left sitting here wondering what my dream is. It's all well and good that Ordinary got a Big Dream from the Dream Giver. But he had a pretty feather to show for it. And he remembered having that dream when he was a child. And his dad remembered him having that dream when he was a child. It's really not fair. I don't have a feather. I don't know what my dream is. I can't remember. I remember all kinds of crazy thing that I wanted to do when I was a kid (In thinking about this I've also remembered wanting to be a journalist [not just any journalist, but an investigative reporter who travels all over the world for the best most insane stories!] and an MAF pilot, a pilot of a 747, and an ice skater). My husband said it's really no good trying to dig it up... only God can tell me, just like in the story. The Dream Giver came and whispered in Ordinary's ear that he had a Big Dream. I know that I have one. God has at least told me that much. In fact, in so doing he has again giving me reason to live... I'm here for a reason, I have to discover what it is!! But why hasn't he revealed that reason to me? Why is it so obscured from my view? If I have a purpose, and if he wants me to live to fulfill that purpose, why isn't he just handing it to me on a silver platter?

Oh, the 'why's of life!!

No comments: