My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Friday, July 11, 2008

Everything is about purpose these days!

I log onto myspace, and Mike has a new blog about purpose! Coincidence? Perhaps. But just now as I opened up BibleGateway.com and read I Thessalonians chapter 1 in The Message, again I was reminded about having a purpose... Jesus says to me:

It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special.
There you have it! God has something special he wants me to do! Wow! flashback! Those were lyrics from the duet that I sang with Uncle Tim in that play years ago! Fancy remembering that now.

I'm special to Jesus, there's no one else like me.
I wouldn't trade places with anyone else,
I'm special you see.
God has a perfect plan he wants me to do.
I'm special, I'm special to my Lord
I'm special, I'm special to my Lord.

I'm getting goosebumps... Thank you Jesus for reminding me that I am special, and that you do have a plan for my life, and that you were working circumstances in my life to lead up to this very moment even when I was a child!

No comments: