My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Holy Spirit

August 8, 2007
At salvation we receive the Holy Spirit to seal us. That's why when we get saved we know Jesus is in my heart!! Something's in there! There's a presence that wasn't there before, and I KNOW I'm saved!!

But then... there comes a time... for some it's simultaneous with salvation for others its weeks, months, even years after... when the Lord comes to you and says "Child, give me all." We look at him, and usually fight it with all of our might (I know I did... I hate domination!) But He is patient and loving and says again, "I am here. Surrender to me. Yield to me. All of who you are. All of your rights and all of your possessions. And I will fill you to the utmost so much that you can not stand it. You will be filled with the Holy Ghost and My power will flow through you freely, for you will be a vessel that is emptied of self and meet for the Master's use." Most refuse and walk away and never know of the glory that is beyond. They hear of this 2nd grace... this 2nd blessing... this filling of the Holy Ghost. But they never receive it for it demands to much of them. But there are some who one day fall flat before their Lord and Master and weeping call out to Him saying "Lord, I must decrease so that you may increase! All that I am is nothing so that you may be everything. Crucify me on your cross so that all that is left is You Alive through me. Empty me so that You can Fill me to the Utmost." And He does. He will! "If his children ask for bread will he give them a stone? So much more will He give the Holy Spirit to them who ask!" He's waiting for us to ask! He did it for me! He can do it for anyone.

No comments: