My spiritual journey: moments of clarity, ponderings, and vast irritations

Friday, February 19, 2010

Lift Him Higher

February 16, 2007

I just can't stop thinking about the sermon last Sunday... Jesus starts out in Matthew Mark Luke and John proclaiming himself as I Am (the vine, the good shephard, the bread of life, the way the truth and the life) and then as we grow in Christ and get to the book of Colossians we get the opportunity to lift Him up as He is: I Am! I AM!! And He lives in me! And we are as united as we can be without me becoming him.... and him becoming me... I am flesh of his flesh as the bride becomes one with the groom and as the branch is joined to the vine. How blessed am I to be able to praise him and lift him higher... He is holy, Almighty, Worthy, Beloved, Beautiful... My heart overflows with joy and emotion as I think of the things he has done in my life. Can we not be glad for that? Rejoice!! Sing in the streets! Oh! He has done great things in my life, has he done great things in yours?? Do you not want to shout it to the rooftops? I am accepted in the beloved, should I not tell everyone of this love that is offered to me freely? So I cried as it was preached "Lift him up" and a good friend shouted "I Am! I Am!!" For my hearts desire was only to do just that... and that every one else would do so as well... every tongue confess that He is Lord.

I could just go on........ Literally but it would be so broken and disjointed because we have left simple blogging and entered into the realm of my prayer life so I will leave you all to ponder and I will continue praising God alone. Until next time, LIFT HIM HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER! He can't be praised enough, for our mouths can't even phrase his glory.

No comments: